Schemes for Scheduled Messaging
I'm finding more & more useful things my smartphone can do.
Flynn van Os (who goes to school at Otumoetai College) has written a free application for most smart phones called Schemes that anyone use to schedule messages to be sent in the future.
I use Schemes to send reminders. When my daughter goes out at 7:00 pm and is supposed to be home by midnight I can compose a text message at 7:00 pm that Schemes will send for me at 11:30 pm reminding her she should start heading for home. And I can send myself another one timed for midnight to wake me up to check she is home!
If she isn't home I could program Schemes to send a message every 30 minutes saying "where are you?" and go back to sleep. I said I could, I didn't say I do, it's called responsible parenting.
Schemes is a simple tool that allows you to send scheduled messages via SMS, Facebook, Twitter or Email (Gmail only!). Whether you want to send that happy birthday text at midnight (or a minute before midnight if that's your thing), Tweet about your favourite time of the day, make a Facebook status without your friends on the other side of the world missing it, or send that important business email right on the hour, Schemes will do it for you!
But don't take my word for it, I'm biased, Flynn is a relation, read other's reviews at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.oxapps.schemes
- Send scheduled SMS, Facebook statuses, Tweets or Emails from your device!
- Clean Holo card-based UI, even on Gingerbread!
- Notifications on sending
- All messages are added to their respective threads in the Messaging app
- Cancelable, editable messages
- And more!
* Messages - used for SMS contact suggestions
* Vibrate - used by the date/time pickers
* Reading contacts - used to store the messages in their respective threads
* Your accounts - for Gmail
- Last updated on .