Heartland Reverse Mortgages
The current economic climate and what it means for retirees
- Retirement savings are taking a back seat for many people with the focus shifting to making ends meet on a day-to-day basis and assisting family post COVID.
- The low interest rate environment is challenging for retirees with many having to reconsider retirement options.
- Uncertainty around the housing market may deter retirees from selling their home in the short-to-medium term with lockdown showing how valuable our homes were in more than just a financial sense.
- NZ residential real estate value is $1.2 trillion outweighing NZ share market or KiwiSaver funds. With 77% of people aged 65 or older owning their own home, a reverse mortgage could provide access to much needed funds for Kiwis in retirement.
What is a Heartland reverse mortgage?
A reverse mortgage is like a normal home loan that has been designed for the needs of people over 60. It allows you to release equity from your home to live a more comfortable retirement. Importantly, with a reverse mortgage you continue to own and live in your home and community for as long as you choose.
A Heartland reverse mortgage can be used for a number of purposes including
- Paying off debt
- Make home improvements
- Supporting family
- Covering day to day expenses or unexpected costs
- Visiting family and friends
- Buying a car
- Paying for medical expenses
- Going on a holiday
- Home purchase/moving closer to family
A Heartland reverse mortgage can offer you:
- Flexible finances. A reverse mortgage can be used for almost anything, whether you would like to make home improvements, assist with medical costs or just to take the stress out of everyday expenses.
- Maintaining home ownership. You remain the owner of your property, continuing to enjoy the benefits of your community, social network, and family memories.
- No regular payments required. Although you’re welcome to make regular payments, this is not a requirement. Interest is calculated daily on the balance outstanding and added to your loan monthly.
- Designed to provide peace of mind. Heartland offer a lifetime occupancy guarantee, so you can continue to live in your home for as long as you want.
To find out more about a Heartland reverse mortgage read on watch the videos below or visit https://www.heartland.co.nz/reverse-mortgage. If you decide to proceed with one Heartland will insist that you're fully informed. We’re here to help.
- Last updated on .